News Weekly has been published continuously by the National Civic Council since 1941, and was originally called Freedom.
The National Civic Council (NCC) is an organisation which seeks to shape public policy on cultural, family, social, political, economic and international issues of concern to Australia.
Five Primacies of the NCC:
- Promoting the national interest
- Assisting small enterprise
- Supporting the family
- Fostering the tested values derived from our Judeo-Christian heritage
- Defending life
The NCC has regional groups in many major cities and in regional areas across Australia. These groups meet regularly.
The NCC has its National Office in Melbourne with state offices in Victoria, Queensland, New South Wales, South Australia and Western Australia.
The NCC's research and publishing role provides the vital intellectual backing to its supporters in the field. If you would like to donate to the support of the NCC go here
- The Australian Family Association (www.family.org.au), with a particular focus on all forms of public policy affecting the family, and
- The Thomas More Centre, focusing on bio-ethical issues and formation of young people.